Saturday, February 25

Short stories, parties, and surgery

Hello, everyone! It has been a busy week of writing and promo planning for me. I am about to finish up A Little Harmless Fascination rough draft today and will be diving into Possession next. They are my next releases, April and May. I have some updates on some things that will be happening.

As of right now, if you win a prize from me that must be mailed, it will be at least two weeks. My wonderful PA Brandy Walker had surgery on her arm and needs some time to heal. I am sure all of you will understand:)  Email from the contact on my website will also be slow during this time.
Harmless shorts are about to change. From now on, they will be offered free individually on a members' only kind of special. I am planning on having a members' only section on my new website, but it might be months before it is ready to go. So, Brandy and I will come up with something else before then. Jocelyn and Kai need their short story and I will have it out this spring. The only way you will be able to get it outside of that is in collections. I am going to start bundling my Harmless shorts and releasing them. They will be entitled Harmless Love. I am hoping to have the first one out in the April/May time period. 
Callum is about to be put in KDP select starting March 1. Since ALH Submission was so successful, I wanted to try test it with a fairly new book in a different genre and see what happened. So, if you buy from anyone but Kindle, make sure you get it by Feb 29th as I will be pulling it down the morning of March 1.  I want to see the difference in sales and borrowing for other genres. I am still learning this business of self-publishing so please be patient with me. I plan on doing some other promotions in the coming month as I test out some of my marketing ideas.  
 If you are going to AAD, the two public functions I am sponsoring are open to everyone, but a word of caution. If you don't sign up for the tickets you could miss out on promo stuff. I am basing my promo ordering on the number of people signed up for the event. While I understand that everyone can come in and I will be happy to hang out, I will have to make sure that I don't waste money on stuff. ESPECIALLY the huge things. Little stuff I will have a lot of, and I will be happy to buy 400 of anything for readers, but I am also working on getting this stuff there. While I am driving, I will have to haul all this stuff and I want to make sure there is a reason:) Make sure you go get your tickets if you are signed up for AAD TICKETS. Registration is completely sold out for the entire con but there is a wait list. 
That's it. I am back to writing hoping I can go ahead and finish up the fugly rough draft of the book so I can dive into Deke and Sam's book tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Hoping Brandy feels better soon!

Pommawolf Emeraldwolfeyes said...

First...I've missed alot, but send Brandy all my love, thoughts and prayers to you both.
I just snapped up Callum, and can't wait to read it...lol
I wish I could come to ADD, but perhaps after we get moved back down to the lower 48. It is our hope to be moving back this summer. So perhaps next year..*S*
Wishing you all the best Melissa!

Darcy

Related Posts with Thumbnails